Given that tax day has just passed, I thought it would be good to check out some data on taxes. The IRS provides a great resource on tax data that I’ve only just gotten into. I think I’ll be able to do more with this in the future. This one looks at how taxes paid varies by state and presents it as a choropleth map (coloring states based on certain categories of tax data).
- Mean Federal Tax Paid
- Mean Adjusted Gross Income
- Mean State/Local Tax
- Mean Combined (Fed/State/Local) Tax
- Percent Income from Dividends and Capital Gains
- Percent of Returns with Itemized Deductions
- Number of Tax Returns
- Mean Federal Tax Rate
- Mean State/Local Tax Rate
- Mean Combined (Fed/State/Local) Rate
- Total Federal Tax Liability
I may add more categories in the future, so if you have ideas of tax data you want to see visualized let me know and I’ll see what I can do.
Data and Tools:
Code Embed: Cannot use CODECSSresize9 as a global code as it is being used to store 2 unique pieces of code in 3 posts
No Comments »