Also try WordGuessr and Tridle
What is ScrabWordle? Wordle with a Scrabble twist
ScrabWordle is a game based on the hugely popular Wordle by Josh Wardle, where you try to solve a 5-letter puzzle. The Scrabble element of the game comes in where the point value of the target word is given based on the letter values in the game and is another helpful clue to help solve the puzzle.
I recently made WordGuessr and Tridle. So I’d already made the structure of the game and just needed to add the Scrabble elements. And it took me a little while to work out all the kinks and it also improved my CSS skills to get all the aspects of the look of the tiles correct.
How to Play ScrabWordle
If you know how to play Wordle, then the rules are the same:
1) the game reports the point value of the target word
2) just type in a guess and and press ‘Enter’, the score of your guess is updated in real time
3) the game will indicate how good your guess was. If any letter are in their correct position they will turn green, if they are correct but in the wrong place, they turn orange, and if they don’t show up in the word they turn black.
4) guess again, using the clues from the previous word
5) you can share your results with other folks or issue a challenge game
6) play all you want
9 Comments »